Updated Terms and Conditions
Dr. Caroline Taylor, CPsychol
Psychological Therapy and Practice
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Sessions and Fees
I am available to provide both short term and longer term therapy, this can be a focussed Cognitive Behavioural Therapy intervention, or an exploratory Therapy, depending on your needs. My fees reflect my experience and expertise as an Applied Practitioner Psychologist and accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. However, in line with the visions and values of my private practice, I endeavour to make my skills and support available to a wide range of people within the Brighton area. Accordingly, I have some reduced cost options available for both short-term and longer term psychological therapy.
• Sessions are held at Brighton Therapy Practice, 9a Princes Street, Brighton, BN2 1RD, or via video call.
• Standard fees are £90 for a 50 minute appointment or £140 for a 90 minute trauma focussed therapy appointment or initial / one off consultation.
• I have a discounted 4 session model of treatment, where we meet for 3 sessions to understand what is difficult in your life, and where you would like to things to change; we would map this out and then start some brief therapy which you can continue cost. Then we have a check in to see how you are doing about 8 weeks later, to provide further guidance toward you recovery and goals. The cost of this is £300, and needs to be paid before the first session (£60 discount).
• To be accessible to those on benefits and who have a low income, I have a reduced rate for one quarter of my caseload. Please get in touch to make enquiries. This option is available for a limit if 20 sessions.
• There is no fee for cancellations if given 48 hours in advance, if you need to cancel after that, the fee is 50% of your fee if you cancel between 47 and 24 hours. Full fee will need to be paid if you cancel with less than 24 hours.
• Preferred method of payment if by bank transfer to Caroline Taylor, prior to the appointment by bank transfer. I also accept cheques and cash.
• I am also registered with a range of insurance companies, who may be able to support you in your therapy and treatment. Please get in touch for enquires.
YOUR SAFETY AND WELLBEING
Your wellbeing and safety is of prime importance to me and my psychological practice. There are a range of checks you can make regarding my professional registrations. If you have any concerns about my practice you can contact the professional bodies outlined below and raise any concerns you may have. We will also review your wellbeing using a range of methods. I am unable to respond to risk situations a a private practitioner, and will need to access NHS services if your are experiencing significant distress.
• I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist, British Psychological Society (169995)
• I am an accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist with the BABCP (150239)
• I am registered as an Applied Psychological Practitioner with the Health and Care Professionals Council (PYL26072)
• Your information and it’s safety is held safely on a secure online platform that has the same level of protection as the NHS. It ensures data confidentiality and is compliant with GDPR. The platform is called bacpac, and is designed for psychological therapists.
• Your wellbeing will be reviewed in conversation regularly in line with your goals and hopes for therapy. We will also complete questionnaires to review your difficulties and guide work that we complete together.
I confirm that l have read the terms above and agree to the conditions set out by Dr. Caroline Taylor.